SSL Certificate Woes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

SSL Certificate Woes

Post by rocketman »

Since ZeroSSL got bought out and ws no longer free I've been using shieldsigned but their site is no longer reachable. I think they were a Russian outfit and we have a bit of a situation going on here in Europe!!

Does anyone know of a free or cheap certificate issuing website. (Windows server)
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
PointsWell

Re: SSL Certificate Woes

Post by PointsWell »

Let's Encrypt. 90 day certificates with auto renewal with Certbot
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Things may have changed but I could never get certbot to work automatically to generate a java keystore. I have however just found a site that offers 12 month certs for $3.99/year (single domain and you have to pay for 5 years to get that price - A little under $20

https://www.ssls.com

creating the JKS with keystore explorer is easy enough - but thanks for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated.

That said - can't take the server down until tonight, so don't know for sure its working, but the company offer a 30 day trial so I have until June 14th to pay, and they didn't even ask for card details up front. The cert will just stop working after that date if I don't pay. Will post back tomorrow if the cert works (or not)
Rocketman

PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Setup NGINX as a proxy forwarder, isolates the AIM server from the internet, greatly simplifies the management of SSL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Or as you are on Windows, use IIS as a reverse proxy. You already have everything you need on the server and setting it up is easy. Take a look here: https://medium.com/@gusterwoei/how-to-c ... a48b90163a
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Thanks guys - will research these tomorrow
Rocketman