Large Yes / No Text on Switch

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Large Yes / No Text on Switch

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have a Yes No Attribute and I want the Yes / No to say TO SCHOOL / FROM SCHOOL. The problem is that the switch control does not seem to have a width attribute so I don't know how to make it wide enough to see all of the text. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bruce
PointsWell

Re: Large Yes / No Text on Switch

Post by PointsWell »

Not a solution but a work around

Make the switch To/From and add the school part as a tip to appear after the switch.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I did it with CSS. And it was a real pain.
The biggest problem is that the sliding action of the switch is done with a transition statement.
And in the code there’s a percentage amount that the switch slides left and right.
So when you have words on each side of a switch that are different lengths, yes or no are pretty similar, then the transition slide amount is different.
Doesn’t seem like it should be an issue, but I easily sunk one hour into it and I think gave up. I just went back to the default mechanism that aware allows for setting the text
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

1+, this is a hassle. A better solution e.g ability to set width would be great.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)