Image Attribute from External View

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Image Attribute from External View

Post by Jhstephenson »

I have a view that was created from several BO's joined together. One of the attributes is an image.

When the view was imported into the BO the image generated two attributes:

Image_DOCDATA type: Binary Data
Image_DOCTYPE type: Plain Text

The images in this particular case come from user selected Icons, mostly .ico files.

I want to display those images as the first column in a query. But when I select the Image_DOCDATA attribute nothing shows up.
Image_DOCTYPE just shows the name of the icon file that was selected by the user.

How do I get that attribute to be treated as an image?

If I do a query from the original BO, I just drop the image attribute onto the Grid, adjust the size to what I want and it displays.
aware_support

Re: Image Attribute from External View

Post by aware_support »

Not sure I understand how you got these attributes in the first place - are you using "external persistence" on a table created by Aware IM itself?
Aware IM Support Team
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I did the following:

1. Created a view from several tables created by Aware IM. One of the tables has a picture attribute Stored In the database. The actual table definition shows two attributes: 1)Picture_DOCDATA - Datatype Image 2)Picture_DOCTYPE - Datatype varchar(200).

2. Created a new BO with Database: existing external - Database: Customer, Table or view: viewCustomer

3. Discovered Attributes. The two picture attributes are: 1)Picture_DOCDATA - Datatype Binary Data, 2)Picture_DOCTYPE - Datatype Plain Text

4. Assigned Primary Key

I create a query that has both of those attributes on it. The DOCDATA column doesn't show anything, even though I can look at the view in SQL Manager and see that there is data in it.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This won't work. Aware IM stores a picture in a special way - you can't discover it.
Aware IM Support Team
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

So, how do you show an image then that is contained in a view?

If the answer is to create a shortcut, that defeats the actual purpose of having the view to begin with, which is to speed up the display of records in a table that link to other tables.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You cannot show a picture from the data discovered from an Aware IM picture attribute.
Aware IM Support Team