Different Views Depending on Query Set-up?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
JWS

Different Views Depending on Query Set-up?

Post by JWS »

I have two queries set-up to run on the same business object. The first query is set-up utilizing the "Where" section and selecting attributes. Let's call this Method 1. The other query is set-up using the "own form" method. I set up a special form just for this query so I could use the drop down selection menu the form presents. Let's call this Method 2. There are a couple of "minor" bugs I'm seeing using Method 2.

First, while using method 1, when you select the query, you get a search box that has the title "Enter Parameters for (Query Title)". When you use Method 2, you get a search box that is titled "Search For (Object Title)" instead of the Query Title.

Second, the results returned by Method 1 are returned on a form that has "Results for (Query Title)" no matter if the query found 1 match, or many matches. Using method 2, the results get a bit more confusing. If it returns more than one result, it displays them in a form similar to Method 1, but the title is "Results for (Object Title)". If you have only one result, it skips this particular type of form view and goes straight to another form view, which is described in the next section.

Finally, the way the results are viewed differs depending on how many matches you get by using Method 2. If you had 1 match, the view goes straight to the "Edit Form" that resides under that queried object. It does this even though I have the "operations" section of the query set up to bring up the "View Form" belonging to this object. Now, if this same query returns more than 1 match, you get the list form similar to what you get using Method 1, and you are able to select any particular result for viewing. When you select one of these results, you are taken to the "View Form" presentation as opposed to the "Edit Form" you were taken to when you only got 1 match. This is the view I was expecting, as I have it set up that way in the "operations" section of the query.

I hope I explained this where you can understand it without too much difficulty. I would like to see the Method 2 (query using "own form") method behave just like the other method. I could live with it, if I could just get the single result to come up in the "View Form" which is what I have it set to. Of course, the results are not editable except by the "creator" so security is not an issue. It's just that the "View Form" looks a lot more pleasing when just viewing info.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Good points. You have described them very clearly.

We will fix the software to be more consistent and will post the message on this forum when the patch is available.

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

These issues are now fixed starting from build 743.
Aware IM Support Team