Document template tags

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
idpSteve

Document template tags

Post by idpSteve »

Hi All.

We are using an HTML document template for an outgoing email. When creating the outgoing email it isn't possible to specify the HTMLmessage attribute to be the document template, so we can't use the 'in context' object and populate the template that way.

We use a document attribute in an object, and set the HTMLmessage from that, but this isn't pulling through tags for related objects. (Object.SystemUser.Name for example..)

Before we spend a lot of time looking into this (using shortcuts, exporting the document to disc, etc) does someone have any insight or suggestions?

Kind regards,

~Steve
himanshu

Re: Document template tags

Post by himanshu »

Hi Steve,

Had you tried using UserDefined Document as HTMl? if not then you can define your html template at runtime and use the same template while sending an email.

And shortcut are working nicely if object is available in the context while generating the template.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Jaymer

Re: Document template tags

Post by Jaymer »

Hi Steve, nice to see you’re still around down there.
I dynamically sets merge variables in a HTML document.
So I don’t exactly follow your issue.
I create a notification, but I think the merge variables have to come from the notification. Not at desk right now.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL