Add/Remove funcition

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jkovar

Add/Remove funcition

Post by jkovar »

Does Aware have a function similar to the add/remove that is found in some java development environments. For example, I am looking for a way to add via selection or drag and drop, several companies to a new project when it is added.

The interface I am familiar with has two scrolling boxes with Add and Remove buttons in the middle. The boxes represent Companies on one side and Projects on the other. You can highlight the name in one of the list and click Add or Remove to move it from on to the other, thus assigning or removing companies from the project.

Hope this was clear enough.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Yes, this is called Swap Select and it works exactly as you describe.

In the Configuration Tool, click Multiple Allowed for attribute Companies of object Project, then click Presentation button and choose Swap Select from Display As dropdown.
Aware IM Support Team
jkovar

Where to find?

Post by jkovar »

I searched the user guide and other onlien documentation and cant seem to find any documentation for this attribute. Could you point me in the right direction for documentation regarding use of this feature?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

You may need to update your software version as the feature was added relatively recently. It shows two lists boxes side-by-side, one with available items and the other with selected items for the attribute, and has buttons in the middle to let the user move items between the two lists.

When you choose Swap Select as the presentation option for the attribute, you will see a picture illustrating what it looks like in the operation mode. You can then try it out in the operation mode to see how it works.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

The object and attribute names (Project.Companies) mentioned above were used just an example. Sorry for any confusion. The Swap Select control is available for any multiple-allowed reference attributes as one of the 3 presentation options allowing the user to select multiple list items. The other two options are Table Of Items and Listbox.
Aware IM Support Team