••• NEED URGENT HELP ••• SCALE_IMAGE woes again. I think this wipes important EXIF data

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

••• NEED URGENT HELP ••• SCALE_IMAGE woes again. I think this wipes important EXIF data

Post by Jaymer »

In the latest 8.6 build, I'm finding that the SCALE_IMAGE function strips EXIF info.
I'm making a 2nd image - my own thumbnail - but since the original image was rotated 90deg (was a portrait image), since the EXIF is stripped by Aware, the thumbnail displays sideways (because it doesn't contain the industry standard info that says it needs to be rotated to display correctly).

EXIF viewer here: http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi

the 1st image is all the info available from my thumbnail, which was created by SCALE_IMAGE:
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.42.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.42.14 PM.png (76.46 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
And these 2 images are from the source file _ all this is thrown away:
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.43.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.43.10 PM.png (77.31 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.43.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 7.43.27 PM.png (92.56 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
Last edited by Jaymer on Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: SCALE_IMAGE woes again. I think this wipes important EXIF data

Post by Jaymer »

bump
sure would like Vlad to check this on his end to see if SCALE_IMAGE wipes the EXIF
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

need some help

Post by Jaymer »

I need someone else to confirm this.
Vlad maintains that Aware is not the issue.

I need to see if someone else can verify that the SCALE_IMAGE functions are wiping EXIF data, thus its losing the internal orientation information needed for images to display properly.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Re: ••• NEED URGENT HELP ••• SCALE_IMAGE woes again. I think this wipes important EXIF data

Post by Jaymer »

bump. can't believe this doesn't affect anybody.

Jaymer