SET error?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

SET error?

Post by hpl123 »

Hi all,
I have use for the SET function but have a concern about potential errors. The process executing SET will run in a nightly process and currently if I run the SET process in the browser and there is an error in the function e.g incorrect formatting, I just get an error "Null". What happens if this error occurs in the nightly process? I imagine it would just stop the execution of the process and nothing more happening (or?) and if so, is there some way I can build in some error flag here that flags the process as failed?

The formatting etc. SHOULD not be incorrect but who knows if random things happen that may affect the formating in the string.

I could probably have a boolean flag in the BO (BO I intend to SET values into) that would be marked "Yes" as the last step of the process (meaning if the BO boolean wasn´t changed to "Yes", it would indicate an error).

Has anyone had any experience with this and possibly have a better error management solution?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)