Multi Step Process Help

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gernotlg

Multi Step Process Help

Post by gernotlg »

Ok.. So I've followed the video (that really only brushes) on Multi-Step Processes. I've paused it a million times to try to see what is being done.

I've had it kinda working.. However.. once I tighten up my BO by specifying 'Yes' to 'Required' in certain attributes, It no longer works.

Why ? Because you can't CREATE a BO with those attributes being undefined.

Fair enough.. but How then, are we supposed to use a Multi-step process to get the user to follow certain steps (and of course some of those steps differ depending on previous steps input, so it's not simple enough to just use the Wizard view in a form), when we first have to CREATE the BO and then VIEW it, yet we Can't CREATE an empty BO with any 'Required' = 'Yes' attributes.

It's easy enough to use ENTER NEW BO USING WhatEverForm... But that's not the Multi-Step Wizard, and it doesn't show the Wizard Steps When you don't use VIEW.

Any instructions on the Multi-Step Process anywhere other than the video ? I've searched the documentation, the forum, and there's almost nothing.

Perhaps a sample BS with Multi-Step process. The one in the video even... anything.

Thanks
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL
ACDC

Re: Multi Step Process Help

Post by ACDC »

Why ? Because you can't CREATE a BO with those attributes being undefined.
This may help you :

Uncheck the required option and use a business rule to manage the required action. Also use: If NOT(ObjectName IS NEW) in the rule
eg: If NOT(ObjectName IS NEW) AND Object.Attribute is UNDEFINED Then REPORT ERROR ' please insert etc etc....'
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

A multi-step process does use the VIEW action, not ENTER NEW. If you have to use ENTER NEW you may be better off using a wizard with form sections as explained in the first part of the tutorial.

So, the object that "manages" steps must exist. It is easy to create an object ignoring mandatory attributes - just use the NO VALIDATION key in the CREATE action.
Aware IM Support Team
gernotlg

Post by gernotlg »

Thanks
V8.8 / Windows / MySQL