** SOLVED** PayPal issue - Long Standing

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

** SOLVED** PayPal issue - Long Standing

Post by rocketman »

My vanilla PayPal integration worked fine for 10 years 2009 to 2019. Then in 2019 around version 8.1 it stopped working. AIM said they hadn't changed that code in ages so the problem must be at my end and If I wanted to pay, they'd fix it.

At the time it wasn't worth the effort because actually - most of my customers moved their clients over to pay by online banking because PayPal was too expensive (back in the day 3.2% + 20 pence). Now PP have reduced their fees for payment by debit or credit card to a more reasonable 1.4% +20 pence, some customers are asking whether I can bring back the facility.

Well I'm still on 8.1 and it's still not working. The issue is that the return url is incorrecty formatted. the return url is:

..... /AwareIM/req.awurl&BAS_SUCCESS=false when it SHOULD BE ..../AwareIM/req.awurl?BAS_SUCCESS=false

In a range of name value pairs, the first one is always a ? I know this is the issue because when it fails, all I have to do is change th & for a ? in the address bar and the callback completes successfully.

Did anybody else encounter this back in the day? Maybe it got fixed shortly after my annual fee expired and I just got unlucky? Is anyone still using the vanilla PayPal - and if so, is it working
Last edited by rocketman on Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
aware_support

Re: PayPal issue - Long Standing

Post by aware_support »

PayPal works fine in the latest version - most probably that issue was fixed. You can test it using the evaluation version. Most likely you need to update.
Aware IM Support Team