Anyone used IMGIX from Aware?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
himanshu

Re: Anyone used IMGIX from Aware?

Post by himanshu »

Exactly which product or service you want to integrate.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Store images there, instead of in the dB or on the file system
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

ok let me check and get back to you in sometime.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The next version will include a third option where documents/images are stored - database, file system and Amazon S3
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

The next version will include a third option where documents/images are stored - database, file system and Amazon S3
This is excellent , please will you consider S3 server side encryption (AWS option) of images. Client side image encryption even better

Both methods are presented here:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/la ... ption.html
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:57 am The next version will include a third option where documents/images are stored - database, file system and Amazon S3
will there be an easy way for us to store a thumbnail on S3 as well?
and/or ability to resize image before going to S3? (we can do that now for local images)

In one of my apps, I'd hate to throw away the originally submitted hi-res image. So i'd like to keep Original, and then a resized image for general showing on screens, and then a 70x50-ish thumbnail.

The ability to have an Aware phone app upload a big image and end up with three S3 images would be fantastic!

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

"will there be an easy way for us to store a thumbnail on S3 as well?"
Yes

"and/or ability to resize image before going to S3? (we can do that now for local images)"
Have you seen the "image editing" feature?
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

"Have you seen the "image editing" feature?"

I mean programmatically.
In my above post, I need access to Original, a more common "usable" size, and thumbnail.

If my main Instance record is a Product...
then I need to store 3 images on S3 somehow when the user uploads a large phone captured image.
In my "PhotoUploadMulti" process, after I create the record to store the uploaded image, do I manually have to IMAGE_RESIZE and create ANOTHER image for my smaller version, THEN again for my thumbnail... thereby manually making my 3 images as 3 different records related to the main Instance ?
Or maybe for each Product, I have 3 Image fields in every instance, and do the same IMAGE_RESIZE stuff for image 2 & 3.

IMGIX allows you to store ONE image and modify the URL for your needs (like to specify a size for display).
With IMGIX I'd just store the main image path and modify the end of the URL and it will resize it for me.

Jaymer