IOS push notifications error on device

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
leoifly

IOS push notifications error on device

Post by leoifly »

Hello!

I'm trying to get push notifications to work on IOS devices, I already got it working on Android. But when I try to subscribe to push notifications on IOS I get an error after the process succeded.
The error comes up on the phone and reads "Process id is not correct in mobile_pn_registration_action".

If I look through subscribed devices the iPhone appears on the list with an id similar to how to Android device appears.

I do not understand where I can find mobile_pn_registration_action inside awareIM.
leoifly

Re: IOS push notifications error on device

Post by leoifly »

Update!

I can still not send push notifications to iOS, sadly.
I have tried to create 2 apps in Xcode, one uses APNs to send local push notifications with the same certificate that I use in AwareIM, which works without any issues and the second app uses Firebase to send notifications to iOS, which I personally like more. Furthermore, I would like to have the choice to use Firebase for both iOS and Android, to be able to send mass notifications to every user trough Firebase is very useful, and to only use one notification hub makes it all much neater and simpler.

Because it works in Xcode with the same certificate (p.12) it has to be in AwareIM that I am doing something wrong or maybe there is a bug.
To create notifications, I have followed both the AwareIM video guide (https://www.yo ut ube.com/watch?v=VwQyZ2oCvC0) and the how-to written guide multiple times without any improvements.

If it helps, I am using Monaca to publish the apps I have created.
I have tried with and without sandbox mode on in AwareIM, I have also tried debug builds and have published the app to TestFlight trough Monaca.
I have tried to use Ionic but have not even been able to load the AwareIM mobile files into Ionic without errors, so Monaca seems to be the easiest to just upload and publish from in my experience.

Also, in AwareIM you aren't able to do nearly as much with notifications as you are able to with "normal" programming. Title, Body, Sound, IOSbadge are the only things you can change in AwareIM, which is enough, but still disappointing. Maybe the Body function can send pictures, if not that is something I would like to be able to send in the future.

I am linking to a very simple test BSV if anyone wants to check it out.
Test iOS Notifications.zip
1 bsv file inside the zip
(38.29 KiB) Downloaded 108 times