stored proc returning table show in grid

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

stored proc returning table show in grid

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

is it possible to call a stored proc returning table and show in aware grid with paging and other standard grid features.
I have transformed transposed table that is created dynamically and I need to display it nicely with paging in grid.
The custom dynamic table will have
BASVERSION and BASTIMESTAMP and id
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: stored proc returning table show in grid

Basically I will have custom dynamic table with BASVERSION and BASTIMESTAMP and id plus more transposed columns and I need a way to show it in aware in grid. These are not standard BO object tables and created dynamically via etl transpose functions.
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Hi,

Yes you can use any external table and show into AwareIM Grid but there are some restrictions related to standard features of grid like filter and sort.

Paging will work.

If you using external table there is no requirement to have BASTIMESTAMP or BASVERSION col. If you create table using BO inside config and create your data using SP with respecting the BAS ID and version and Timestamp, this will allow you to use complete grid features.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
swiftinitpvtltd

ok thanks. is there any way we can show dynamic tables with dynamic columns? May be I need to use jquery and api.
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

I do not understand what you mean by dynamic table/column... if you looking to create table on fly and want to access using AwareIM then I do not think it is currently not possible without configuring BSV each time.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
swiftinitpvtltd

right its fully dynamic tables created on fly(for example currentuser_hisid), we now use rest api to get data in json and bind it to kendo/other grid framework via jquery code. Works great! Thanks for your help.