Rule Debugger

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Rule Debugger

Post by aware_support »

A taste of things to come in the next version - Rule Debugger

https://youtu.be/rxfG4oBVuKk
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Re: Rule Debugger

Post by hpl123 »

1 word: Awesome :D
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

A wonderful addition.
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

Looks very good! I am certainly looking forward to this feature and expect it will save a lot of time compared to the current 'debugging' by going through the log.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
joben

Post by joben »

This will come in handy!
Great job!
Regards, Joakim

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

I love these "developer help tool" options added to AwareIM and another one I would really really like is, some form of performance/load tester where we could set up test cases and test the performance of an app (single and multi server setups) and I thinking primarily of things like concurrent users, performance bottlenecks (stats on which objects, processes, queries etc. are slow) etc.. I know this is difficult and often per app basis but again if it´s possible in some smart way to setup test cases like run these processes, create these objects, run these queries, open these VP´s etc. etc. etc. i.e we setup x amount of users doing these types of things at the same time and then see how the server is affected.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

In the rule debugger I wonder whether set breakpoints stay in place if the BSV is put back in edit mode? I am thinking of the situation where you put the app in test, set a breakpoint, do some testing, and then switch back to edit to make changes (presumably to fix the issue that you are debugging). If in that case the breakpoint is gone and you have to set it again after putting it into test, that wouldn’t be very convenient. I am asking because at the beginning of the video there is a statement that the breakpoint can only be set in test mode, not in edit. That’s fine but I just hope that the breakpoint doesn’t disappear when changing back and forth between test and edit.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, the breakpoint will not disappear if you put the version in the editing mode.

Performance profiler - yes, we are thinking about this as well, but no promises yet. Some profiling can be done now using the rule log, which has timestamps not only for rules but for SQL calls and so on. You can also find and jump to an operation that took longer to execute than the specified amount.
Aware IM Support Team
yuri.rj

Post by yuri.rj »

WOW!!
This will be VERY helpful!!!

When this will be released?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We hope to release the version in February. It WILL include the performance profiler - see a separate thread about it
Aware IM Support Team