Webhook Endpoints

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

Webhook Endpoints

Post by rocketman »

Am trying to do a stripe integration and I'm getting confused with terminology. Is it possible in AIM to set up what they call WebHook Endpoints - are they the same as exposing a REST or SOAP service?

I want to use some of their pre-built forms to collect payments from club members so that I don't have to hold card details on my server, but if I've read the docs right (and there's LOTS of docs) I have to set up an endpoint so I can receive notifications when things happen. Can be done with their API's (I think) but it seems very long winded and they do advise against the API approach
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
hpl123

Re: Webhook Endpoints

Post by hpl123 »

I can't comment about the webhooks thing more than to say I think its possible.

I would also like to do a better Stripe integration into Aware (I have the Stripe plugin we collectively develloped a couple of years ago but doesn't work due to the storing locally of CC information i.e unusable for me) so following this + wondering if anyone else done this?

Rocketman, you write Stripe advise against the API approach? Why and what do they recommend instead?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi Henrik

See https://stripe.com/docs/payments/older-apis

The newer ones mentioned Payment Intents, setup intents and Payment Methods all require Webhook endpoints because of the asymmetric nature of the communications (ie - not necessarily immediately after a post or get (see https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-intents as an example )

This of course assumes I'm reading and understanding correctly what I am seeing - which in my case isn't guaranteed to be true. I would really value a second opinion on all this
Rocketman

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

I tried to have a look at it and is over my head, not really sure what all of the different things are and mean so I understand your trouble :(. I have seen the "new" Stripe forms (hosted by Stripe embedded/integrated into apps etc.) here and there and would be great to have these integrated into Aware though so again if anyone has any knowledge in this area, please share some wisdom.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Hi Rocket,

You have create whole BO structure as mention over here https://stripe.com/docs/api/charges/object
... you can select attribute which ever you needed but it should respect the structure.

create web hook endpoint for charge.success

create AwareIM API expose to consume web hook and update the url at stripe web hook endpoint..

if everything is setup as what they asked... you able to receive data when any new success payment happen.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi guys,

I found some more documentation (sigh!!) that seems to make a bit more sense. My brain is now cabbaged and I need a drink (and I'm teetotal - so that's how bad it has got.)

Work will recommence later. I'll post details when I have some good news to report.
Rocketman