Native iOS Build with Monaca Error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RLJB

Native iOS Build with Monaca Error

Post by RLJB »

Trying this for first time, when building for iOS getting this error:

App build is failed. Your app cannot be built. Please make sure following settings are properly setup:

- The cordova-plugin-file-transfer plugin is deprecated. See Cordova blog post for the migration to XMLHttpReques.

After correcting errors, please build again.

Any tips to solve?
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
aware_support

Re: Native iOS Build with Monaca Error

Post by aware_support »

The "file-transfer" plugin was deprecated at some stage, but we were informed by the customer who successfully built a native app that the plugin was updated and was no longer deprecated. This is what he wrote about a month ago:

"The “cordova-plugin-file-transfer” plugin was updated five days ago and it is now working with Monaca’s IOS debug and release builds. I reinstated the plugin in our iOS app and the camera functionality is now working the same as before.
Our app was approved by Apple today, the app included the plugin so I assume that Apple are still allowing developers to use it.
This is the plugin’s GitHub link that shows the recent update: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer"

This plugin is required if you use a mobile camera in your app. Otherwise you can remove it from the config.xml file
Aware IM Support Team
RLJB

Re: Native iOS Build with Monaca Error

Post by RLJB »

Thanks, I can confirm this now works.

Note for future self:

1. Go here: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer
2. Click on Code > Download Zip
3. Go to Monaca > Configure > Cordova Plugin Settings
4. Click Import Cordova Plugin > Upload the zip
5. Rebuild
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS