A question on business object groups

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ask180

A question on business object groups

Post by ask180 »

Guys,

Having downloaded the latest release, I've noticed something odd (but it could be something I've done).

I have a query based on a business object group, with [View] as an operation that can be performed per record listed.

So, on execution of the query, it lists the records. Good. I then choose the [View] option for one of the listed records, and the appropriate Main form displays in view mode, with a [Close] button. All good.

When I then press the [Close] button, a message displays saying that I have unsaved changes. This is the odd bit. I've never seen this before on a view form, and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what these changes could be, since it is a view form (not edit).
aware_support

Re: A question on business object groups

Post by aware_support »

There is a probably a small bug in one of the controls you display on that form. Are you able to re-create this problem in a small BSV that you can send to us?

(this is definitely NOT the issue specific to the latest build)
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

your issue is most likely due to some data being changed on the form BY A PICTURE on a field.

When you load the form, something (a date picker for timestamp, or phone # format string) is forcing the data to be changed.
So when you close the form, YOU don't think you changed anything, but something "behind the scenes" locally on the form changed something.
This is what is causing the unexpected message.
Bank on it!
Jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ask180

Post by ask180 »

Hi Jaymer,

Thanks for your advice. I'll investigate.