Width of Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
robleer

Width of Question

Post by robleer »

Hi,

In a process I use a DISPLAY QUESTION with quite a lot of text. When running the app, the Question is very narrow.
Is there a way to make it wider?

I come from version 6 where this is no issue and the question is shown wide enough. Now I run my app on version 8 and the Question is really narrow.

Tia,

Rob
Using 8.7 Professional 3025 on MySQL/Windows
robleer

Re: Width of Question

Post by robleer »

Nobody replies. Is there really no way to make de Question window a little bigger??
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

picture please.
are you really on 8.3? that might be a bug.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
robleer

Post by robleer »

This is one of them The other (showing some details I cannot show here) which shows the problem. Those other contain much more text, but this one will give you an idea. It must be a bit wider.
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (23.2 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Am I the only one who thinks the DISPLAY MESSAGE, DISPLAY QUESTION and REPORT ERROR need a lot of tender loving care.

Specifically it should look like:

DISPLAY MESSAGE [Header Style], [body style] , [header icon], [height] [width], "message goes here"

Bruce
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

BLOMASKY wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:19 am Am I the only one who thinks the DISPLAY MESSAGE, DISPLAY QUESTION and REPORT ERROR need a lot of tender loving care.

DISPLAY MESSAGE [Header Style], [body style] , [header icon], [height] [width], "message goes here"

Bruce
And these should be able to access the SystemSettings or LIRU to enable the setting of definitions for consistent formats that can be changed simply without searching for DISPLAY MESSAGE in your code and manually updating every instance.
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

I agree wih Bruce the addition of some options to DISPLAY MESSAGE, DISPLAY QUESTION and REPORT ERROR would be nice.

Until that happens we embed the script below in the actual action text. This works for all 3 actions.

Code: Select all

<script>
/* Title Icon, Text and Width */
$('#aw-msgbox_wnd_title').html('<i class=\'fas fa-info-circle\'></i> MY WINDOW TITLE');
$('#aw-msgbox_wnd_title').parent().css('width','900px');
/* Window Width - should be same as previous Title Width */
$('#aw-msgbox').parent().css('width','900px');
/* Window Height */
$('#aw-msgbox').parent().css('height','250px');
</script>
So for example in the DISPLAY QUESTION action.

Code: Select all

DISPLAY QUESTION `
This is my very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very  very very long Question

<script>
/* Title Icon, Text and Width */
$('#aw-msgbox_wnd_title').html('<i class=\'fas fa-info-circle\'></i> MY WINDOW TITLE');
$('#aw-msgbox_wnd_title').parent().css('width','900px');
/* Window Width - should be same as previous Title Width */
$('#aw-msgbox').parent().css('width','900px');
/* Window Height */
$('#aw-msgbox').parent().css('height','250px');
</script>
`
results in
2021-09-24 14_09_43-nswtfUA_dev.png
2021-09-24 14_09_43-nswtfUA_dev.png (48.57 KiB) Viewed 10440 times
Sometimes we store and it and/or its variable bits in business objects to manage repeated use.
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

BLOMASKY wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:19 am Am I the only one who thinks the DISPLAY MESSAGE, DISPLAY QUESTION and REPORT ERROR need a lot of tender loving care.

Bruce
1+
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... age#p47797

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11521
How To Examples in 2020

Its something that has been asked for multiple times.

If only there were a requirements system or a mechanism for voting up feature requests...
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

Presumably, as a work around, it would also be possible to use a (modal) form instead of DISPLAY MESSAGE etc?
That may be overkill for a short message, but it gives greater control over the size of the window without having to resort to Javascript in the message content.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)