Create/Edit form controlled by rules; dropdown new entry

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ckirnbauer

Create/Edit form controlled by rules; dropdown new entry

Post by ckirnbauer »

Hello,

1)
I want to use one form for creating/editing. With rules, I want to control the visibility of fields.

e.g: IF BObject IS NEW READ PROTECT BObject.Name FROM ALL

In this case, attribute Name shouldn't be visible when creating objects, but should be visible when editing existing objects.

Unfortunaltely, this rule doesn't work. Attribute Name is always visible. What did I make wrong?

2) Can I get AwareIM to handle dropdown boxes, that retrieve the list elements from a business object, in following way:

There is e.g. the DropDown Country, that gets the values

"USA"; "Australia" from a BObject. Now the user isn't satisfied with these entries and wants to add a new one. If the user has to click manually (e.g. via menu items) into another transaction for adding a new list element, the whole workflow is stopped and the user won't be satisfied with the software handling.

is there a possibility to place a hyperlink or something like that next to the drop down, so that a new entry can be added?

This would be a very important feature for us.

Kind regards,
Christian
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

1) We tested this rule with the latest version and it works fine. The attribute is not visible on the form before the object is created and becomes visible after creation. Please try this with the latest version.

2) Yes, you can have a process to let the user create new instances (using ENTER NEW and other actions as necessary) to be later visible in the dropdown. You can then add this process as a standard operation hyperlink above/below the form. You can also place a hyperlink to start this process into a cell next to the dropdown attribute. This would be HTML-type cell with text including a process call like this:

<a href="businessProcess.do?actionMethod=commit&processName=MyAddCountryProcess" target="main">Add Country<a>

Please refer to Aware IM User Guide for details and the sample applications for examples of starting operations from HTML pages.
Aware IM Support Team
ckirnbauer

Post by ckirnbauer »

Hello,

DESCRIPTION:
===========

2) I have a process "new payment":

ENTER NEW Payment

and in this payment form, I have a reference attribute Member that is selected via dropdown

There is also the reference attribute Creditcard, that is a drop down depending on the Member attribute.
Under attribute Creditcard, I added the hyperlink
<a href="businessProcess.do?actionMethod=commit&processName=CreditcardEnterHyperlink" target="main">Add CreditCard<a>

to allow the user to add a new Creditcard Entry

Process CreditcardEnterHyperlink looks like following:
Input for process: object Payment
ENTER NEW Creditcard WITH Creditcard.Member = Payment.Member

PROBLEM:
=======

When I trigger process "new payment" described at the top of this post and when I select the member and click onto the hyperlink described above, a type of query is prompted and I have to select a payment, although input process is Payment.

It's impossible to select one Payment out of 2000 Payments in production.

How can I get AwareIM to avoid this Payment form, so that the Payment is directly put through to the Creditcard object?
This is very important for us.

By the way, how can I return to the form where the hyperlink was clicked on after entering a new creditcard?

Kind regards
Christian
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

This happens because the process has an input object, and when the process is called via a hyperlink the current object is not available to the process. The system then runs automatic query to let the user select an object for the process, which is the standard behavior when the expected input object is not found in the context.

You can resolve this by adding the process call as an operation to the Payment form. In this case the input object would be available in the context and the system will automatically return to the Payment form after the operation is finished. You can place the operation above or below the form or in the caption of the form.
Aware IM Support Team
ckirnbauer

Post by ckirnbauer »

Good, I placed a process above payment form to create a new creditcard, but at the time of the statement

ENTER NEW Payment

there is no process displayed. Why not?

Otherwise, when object is saved and I edit it, the process is displayed, but there it's too late.

We want to allow the user at Payment object creation to add a new creditcard, return to Payment object and to select this new creditcard in a dropdown.

Can I get AwareIM to to this?

Kind regards
Christian
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

>We want to allow the user at Payment object creation to add a new creditcard, return to Payment object and to select this new creditcard in a dropdown. Can I get AwareIM to to this?

Yes, you can easily do it by using the Table Of Items presentation for the Credit card attribute. The user will see two buttons: one for selection of existing credit card, the other for addition (and automatic selection) of new credit cards. You need to specify a filter for the Select button to show only the credit cards that belongs to the customer. For the Add button you need to specify the Custom Implementation option and select your process that adds a credit card to the given customer.

Once the user adds a new credit card the system will automatically select if for the attribute. That way the user will be able to do it all in one step instead of two.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

In version 2.2 there is an option to create new entries for reference attributes represented as a drop down.
Aware IM Support Team