data export cvs files

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ColinP

data export cvs files

Post by ColinP »

Hi,

Can anyone give me a lead on the best way to achieve this please.

I thought that I had it done, just by exporting a query to a spreadsheet, I even gave my Business Object the exact right attribute names to match the import requirements. It did not work because it messed up the headings. The attribute ContactName gets exported as 'Contact Name' even if I put 'ContactName' in as the Column Label. (this is very annoying - i can't begin the think who thought that was a good idea)

Then I tried a Report type Document, but that will only produce a PDF.

Using a spreadsheet as a template format does not work - I get a 'error filling document' at run time and 'Document to export is not found in action FIND DayBookExp WHERE DayBookExp.Match IS UNDEFINED' I wonder if fact whether any of these formats work with a header and multiple rows. The Word ones seem to be for one row at a time and there is nothing in the user manual which explicitly says you can use them with many rows.

Sorry - I am a newbie and finding it hard going
Colin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AwareIM 8.7 (Build3012) Windows Virtual Server Derby
ACDC

Re: data export cvs files

Post by ACDC »

Then I tried a Report type Document, but that will only produce a PDF.
You can set the report type to TEXT , this will present a .txt file. I have used this method to create xml files in the past by giving it an .xml extension when exporting
Using a spreadsheet as a template format does not work
I use this extensively in complicated reports and also to leverage excel charts , it works well albeit slower than generating a REPORT from the report writer.

I think your problem may be an incorrectly named attribute in the template or a missing path to the data source on one of the attributes, like a reference attribute that is not present, but needed to fill the report