Schedulers execution capacity

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bondicoffee

Schedulers execution capacity

Post by bondicoffee »

Hi,

Is there a way to know how many schedulers can be expected on a bsv to execute in a minute?

Thanks!
UnionSystems

Re: Schedulers execution capacity

Post by UnionSystems »

My understanding is the AwareIM scheduler works like a normal AwareIM process except that it gets started automatically every minute. The issue you need to be “aware” of is that the scheduler only ever has one instance of it running. If the scheduler initiates a process that takes more than 1 minute to complete then it will skip starting (the scheduler) in the next minute.

So this means you should never set an action in the scheduler to run at a specific minute because if the schedule is running another process when that specific minute arrives it will not be run.

The way I manage the scheduler is I write a record to another business object to record if a particular scheduled process has started and or completed and I check that other business object in the conditions that start the process (eg if you have not run today you can start after 3am).
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
BobK

Post by BobK »

UnionSystems wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:17 am The issue you need to be “aware” of is that the scheduler only ever has one instance of it running. If the scheduler initiates a process that takes more than 1 minute to complete then it will skip starting (the scheduler) in the next minute.
This is incorrect. The scheduler runs about every 60 seconds no matter what.

I have about 20 processes under the scheduler control. I want these processes to run as often as possible, so I do not have any conditions based on time when they can run. On a busy day, it can take several minutes for all 20 processes run. I have the system set up so that I can monitor these processes and I can see several processes running at the same time.

About the only condition I have on these processes is that the same process can not have more than 1 instance running concurrently. To prevent this, I keep track of when each process starts and stops and the scheduler checks if a particular process is stopped before starting it again.
Bob
bondicoffee

Post by bondicoffee »

Thank you for your brief replies.

I have 21 schedulers set up that get triggered depending upon the volume of records pending to be processed. I have noticed not all of them get triggered even if the overriding condition on them are the same. Secondly when I check 'Active Process', I see some of them repeating with a unique ID and in the waiting stage.

Is there any configuration we can finetune?