Version 8.6 breaks android?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
MarkP

Version 8.6 breaks android?

Post by MarkP »

Hi Guys,

I have updated to Version 8.6 and now when I try to launch my app on an Android tablet, I am getting
"Feature is not supported in this product" errors.
Worked fine under 8.5
Happens at login when I try to submit the form.

Any ideas?

Markp
Jaymer

Re: Version 8.6 breaks android?

Post by Jaymer »

Thats is ONLY caused by 1 thing.
The extra paid Mobile option is not installed.
When you are on 30-day trial version, you will not see this, because Trial supports mobile testing.
Once you have a Product key installed, you have to have this addon purchased from Aware.

So you must be logging in on a Phone or Tablet... desktop will work fine.
To get past this,
With Chrome, for example, you can select 'Request Desktop Version' under Chrome's '...' menu.
Then you can proceed.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Thanks very much Jaymer.

I have a full paid version - not trial so I just thought at least Tablet level support was included and the Mobile add-on was only relevant to mobile phones.
Your suggestion worked a treat. So I will probably have to go back to Aware on this.

BTW I really appreciate all of the forum help yourself and some of the other main guys have provided. Would never have gotten as far as I have without all of your tips and solutions. (Or at least knowing that the problem I am having may be Aware related and not my own lack of knowledge).

Cheers
MarkP
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

welcome.
I def. have a customer site where I cannot access it with my iPad without getting that msg. (so I can verify that Tablets require the 'mobile option')
then I just switch to 'desktop' and move on. Its an inexpensive addon (thankfully) so if you must have tablet, its easy.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL