MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH

Post by rocketman »

So I'm trying to track initial movement of a flying machine. The flying machine will be stationary initially then rapidly go from 0 - 60 Kts in about 4 seconds. I will grab the initial location using MOBILE GET LOCATION INTO which will be stored in the record of the flying machine. I then plan to use MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH which - with some basic behind the scenes maths should tell me how far it moves from the start location in a certain timeframe.

BUT, the polling has to be automatic and FAST since these guys pay for their airtime by the minute and the club doesn't like losing income.

So - my question is - does MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH poll automatically, and if so what is the granularity. Ideally I'd like every 3-5 seconds, or are we talking about a background process with a set time interval - and can that be as low as 5 seconds?

Any decent documentation/examples on this stuff?
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
Jaymer

Re: MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH

Post by Jaymer »

have done a bunch with this - easiest to chat
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Jaymer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:28 am have done a bunch with this - easiest to chat
Hi Jaymer, Thanks for the offer. I notice you are in Tampa and I'm in the UK. Give me a Tampa local time that's good for you and I'll work out the time difference and give you a call
Rocketman

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

So, today Aim launched its first flying machine. Well almost. I was in my car, set up the "flight", put my phone into "Watch" mode and drove off. 11 Metres later ..... boom.

Thanks to @jaymer for your assistance. Hope the video didn't bore you too much. Just one Question - Maybe support knows the answer. AIM doesn't like me putting MOBILE STOP WATCH LOCATION INTO in a BO rule so I can't easily stop the watching when I don't need it anymore. I need some way of polling the current Aircraft record (from within a process) to issue the STOP action when the status flag goes from Idle to Launched
Rocketman

PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

rocketman wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:20 pm AIM doesn't like me putting MOBILE STOP WATCH LOCATION INTO in a BO rule so I can't easily stop the watching when I don't need it anymore. I need some way of polling the current Aircraft record (from within a process) to issue the STOP action when the status flag goes from Idle to Launched
Can you place the MOBILE STOP WATCH LOCATION into a process that is called by the BO rule?
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Good thought but didn’t work. Going to try a background process next
Rocketman