Any Plan for Bootstrap upgrade?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
himanshu

Any Plan for Bootstrap upgrade?

Post by himanshu »

Hi Support,

Do we have any plan to upgrade bootstrap framework in near future?

Current latest version 8.6 still is running on the bootstrap 3.3.x version, latest version really give more UI improvements to existing apps.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
aware_support

Re: Any Plan for Bootstrap upgrade?

Post by aware_support »

Have you tried updating yourself? You only need to replace a reference to a couple of bootstrap files in the startup.html

Currently there are no plans to upgrade, unless we see significant benefits in doing so.
Aware IM Support Team
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Thanks Support,

I didn't dare to do that before, but will give a try now sure.
From,
Himanshu Jain

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

himanshu wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 am Thanks Support,

I didn't dare to do that before, but will give a try now sure.
Please write a line ot two about this if you can, if it works and potential problems etc.. Thx
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Hey Himanshu - I'm curious, how did this go? Any hints you can provide.

On another note, has anyone ever tried implementing a paid for Bootstrap theme like from here: https://themes.getbootstrap.com/

Curious to know results.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Hi Rod,

Yes, I did try once in test environment and works fine unless you do not have used your custom CSS. In my test case I ran on one with one of our project but saw many places got screwed up, However those can be fixed because mostly effected areas are where custom css compatible with older version does not work. AwareIM forms, grids and other views mostly run fine. (Definitely later version has much more clean UI)

Some components does not show properly like Image Uploader on AwareIM form, so might have to put some css fix on that... if you have good hand on CSS then you can try with your app.

At that moment I do not have time to upgrade all changes so never went into that direction.

Bootstrap themes link which you shared are really cool and we already have started working on one of our project to make this transition happen.

Hope will able to share soon!
From,
Himanshu Jain

hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

RLJB wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:13 am Hey Himanshu - I'm curious, how did this go? Any hints you can provide.

On another note, has anyone ever tried implementing a paid for Bootstrap theme like from here: https://themes.getbootstrap.com/

Curious to know results.
Yes, I have integrated many different themes (or rather admin templates) with Aware and both for myself and for several other developers. Integration is a bit messy but doable and the result is usually very good. PM me if you have specific questions etc..
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)