Presentation Rules not triggered on Refresh

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ColinP

Presentation Rules not triggered on Refresh

Post by ColinP »

I have a field which is acting as a checksum to ensure the user makes entries which add up to ZERO.

This has a display property to display the background as RED if the amount is not ZERO.

During the course of entry the program recalculates the field and the system performs a refresh (defined in Form Refresh)

The Refresh displays the new value - but it does not trigger the Presentation Rule so even though the new total is now ZERO it remains displayed in RED

If I save the form and go back into it, it triggers the Presentation Rules and displays correctly

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?
Colin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AwareIM 8.7 (Build3012) Windows Virtual Server Derby
customaware

Re: Presentation Rules not triggered on Refresh

Post by customaware »

Is the Rule set to Dynamic?
And if so, is there a Condition on it?

If Dynamic and no condition then it will not execute.

Add the Condition 1=1
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Mark, by saying “dynamic “, then are you thinking about a update rule in the BO?
I think he’s talking about the new presentation styles on the form… where you can set read-only or hidden.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

And I think this is the same issue that’s been mentioned a few times over the last couple of months, that the presentation rules are not reevaluated once the form is drawn. Not even after a refresh. (I think)
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Presentation rules are not dynamic.

I would like them to be as they are not particularly useful otherwise.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

The new Presentation Rules feature seems to have disabled the option of hiding and exposing a separator or at least made it dysfunctional to some extent.

I use separators extensively for this purpose, Its a neat way of keeping forms simple, also when a separator is hidden, the space it resides in is also hidden.(unlike READ PROTECT) This new behavior has now messed up all my forms, i can't expose separators anymore :shock: I have been running tests on 8.5 and it seems 8.6 has the same issue.

The issue of not being able to control a form refresh via a process persists and is THE problem. The only way I can expose a hidden separator now is to place a refresh button on the form and tell the user to hit the button if the form does not look right (BTW applicability conditions on Button Links DO NOT WORK)

Please can we get a proper method to hide and expose separators dynamically on the client side without having to do these 1=1 tricks that don't always work.Also dynamic functions must be available while in CREATE mode, AwareIM wants you to create the object first before it works properly (most of the time)
I would like them to be as they are not particularly useful otherwise.
I totally agree
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Jaymer is right. Spot on.

Seems to be just the way things are, with no work around.

Thanks to all or input

Colin
Colin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AwareIM 8.7 (Build3012) Windows Virtual Server Derby