Build 2926

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Build 2926

Post by aware_support »

Build 2926 is out. It has proper support for long-running processes switching to the background.

The new video tutorial about it:
https://youtu.be/Zrj_11GVuxU

The list of changes in this build;

Bugs:
1. A number of bugs with running processes in the background
2. Query with prompts sometimes ignored output options of the calling process
3. "Display format" settings in column properties of standard queries was not saved for date attributes
4. Applicability conditions of operations didn't work for "button-type" cells in the Form Designer
5. Separator icon was not visible in the mobile Chrome browser

Improvements:
1. It is no longer necessary to change aware.js to support custom web application directory name
2. SET PROGRESS action
3. CONTEXT_SIZE function
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Re: Build 2926

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 am Improvements:
1. It is no longer necessary to change aware.js to support custom web application directory name
2. SET PROGRESS action
3. CONTEXT_SIZE function
Wait. What.?.
I already change aware.JS for various things. This sounds cool, but never heard of #1
Why would I need this?

Can someone explain 2 & 3 plz
Edit: ok, I see #2 is in the video as it’s related to background processing
Last edited by Jaymer on Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Why would I need this?
If you are not concerned with App branding and you are okay with AwareIM in the Url to your app, then you don't need this
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

2. SET PROGRESS action
Could this be a clever way of presenting a progress bar on how long a process is taking, please let it be. :D I have a number of long processes and i want to indicate progress of the action to the user

...just watched the video , its seems SET PROGRESS is used for background process progress. Is it possible to use it in foreground mode for a progress bar indicator ?
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

ACDC wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm
2. SET PROGRESS action

...just watched the video , its seems SET PROGRESS is used for background process progress. Is it possible to use it in foreground mode for a progress bar indicator ?
I also wonder this after watching the video. I would love some solution for progress status in the frontend of a app. Another thing, I don't use the status bar in any of my apps so having the option to direct the status messages etc. to some other place like a div, message or similar would also be great.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

aware_support wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 am 1. It is no longer necessary to change aware.js to support custom web application directory name
The web folder change is still done in the same way i.e manually via editing various files with the new name and this means only 1 place less to update or? Why not go all the way and have this as a setting per BS?
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ACDC wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:17 pm
Why would I need this?
If you are not concerned with App branding and you are okay with AwareIM in the Url to your app, then you don't need this
But I always change my URL away from \AwareIM
and yet I have never had to "change aware.js to support custom web application directory name"
Thats why I'm asking... I never saw this as a needed step anywhere.
Can you point to this in docs plz?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

hpl123 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 pmI don't use the status bar in any of my apps so having the option to direct the status messages etc. to some other place like a div, message or similar would also be great.
Agree.
I don’t use the Status Bar.
Def. would be nice to redirect this output somewhere else on the screen.

Recently I saw something appear in the CRM demo… a msg displayed in the status bar that I’d never seen before.
Something like “records updated” or similar. But I don’t know if it was automatic or if a process was using this new function.
I noted seeing it and moved on.

Jaymer
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Jaymer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:56 pm
hpl123 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:33 pmI don't use the status bar in any of my apps so having the option to direct the status messages etc. to some other place like a div, message or similar would also be great.
Agree.
I don’t use the Status Bar.
Def. would be nice to redirect this output somewhere else on the screen.

Recently I saw something appear in the CRM demo… a msg displayed in the status bar that I’d never seen before.
Something like “records updated” or similar. But I don’t know if it was automatic or if a process was using this new function.
I noted seeing it and moved on.
Actually this got me thinking about the status bar messages, it would also be useful if we could direct these to some other output. It would mean a lot better UX as many of the messages are good, informative and related to what the user is doing.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

and yet I have never had to "change aware.js to support custom web application directory name"
This is about renaming the AwareIM folder, if you do this you need to edit the aware.js file - do a text search on the aware.js for AwareIM and you can see what needs to be changed (there are no docs on this )
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Like I said, I’ve always renamed it, and never done anything in the .JS file

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Like I said, I’ve always renamed it, and never done anything in the .JS file
It depends on what you are doing. There are some operations that depend on this value in aware.js
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ACDC wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:24 am This is about renaming the AwareIM folder, if you do this you need to edit the aware.js file - do a text search on the aware.js for AwareIM and you can see what needs to be changed (there are no docs on this )
well, this basically sets a variable: m_webAppPrefix. I only found this in 1 place in Aware.js.
the variable is used in 2 places.
Can't really see what will/wont happen based on this not being reset when I'm no longer using /AwareIM,
but I haven't done this for 4 years and can't point to something not working.

Jaymer