Filtered Query from Chart

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Filtered Query from Chart

Post by Jhstephenson »

I have a Query-Chart that displays the number of contacts by month that a client has. It works fine.

I want to be able to Click on any segment of that chart and open a query that only shows the Contacts for that Month.

In my query to display each contact for a month I have tried several things but either get every record for the whole BO or no records.

Here is what I have tried for the criteria:

FIND Contacts WHERE Contacts.YearAndMonthOfContact=ThisContacts.YearAndMonthOfContact

Result is nothing.

I tried:

FIND Contacts WHERE Contacts.YearAndMonthOfContact=OtherContacts.YearAndMonthOfContact

Result is nothing.

I tried:

FIND Contacts WHERE Contacts.YearAndMonthOfContact=Contacts.YearAndMonthOfContact

Result is everything for all months comes up.

I have tried calling the query to display the list of contacts for the month from a process with the Contacts BO specified in the Input parameter, but it doesn't seem to work either.

Isn't there a way to use the same BO in a, in effect, child query, and filter based on a value from the parent?

I am sure I am missing something here.
Jhstephenson

Re: Filtered Query from Chart

Post by Jhstephenson »

Related to this question...

When you click on a bar in a bar chart and something has been defined in "When Chart Clicked", what actually happens?

Is the record I have clicked on placed into Context? If not, how can it get there?