perform process on BO_B Based on Query Results of BO_A

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Re: perform process on BO_B Based on Query Results of BO_A

Post by Jaymer »

KnightWare wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:36 pm...You have to check every row as there is not a select all. And then that doesn't work, check a second box and the first one disappears and so on. You can only select one at a time.
Thats how a PICK FROM Query works... not how a PICK ONE OR MORE should work. Odd.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
KnightWare

Post by KnightWare »

Yes calling a previous formatted query. Version 8.6, build 2918. I found one issue and corrected it. But now the Query does not allow filtering. The drop down is in the column header, but will not expand. If I use text box filter, is there a symbol for contains? like "Description Like '5443%'?
KnightWare

Post by KnightWare »

Well, I have this working, but not as nice as I would like it. The call to the "PICK FROM" now displays the query correctly and you can filter it down to the records. Note - The Column Header filter/Column drop downs do not work on PICK FROM results. So I removed them, leaving only top row "Contains" filters. After the user narrows down the records, they must assign what they want to reclass those records as. This means popping up the User record to store the value (May change this to a system value). This next step in the process makes the Pick From results disappear, so that's a bit odd. User select the class and saves. The next process reclasses all those records. Works, but the results disappearing prior to assignment is odd.

So I thought I would try a separate tab, Left side content panel the PICK FROM, right side the User form to change the reclass value. Yeah, that doesn't work at all. Staring at two empty panels. Both process (PICK FROM for the Left, FIND USER/EDIT USER for the right) open up in their own popup windows and not in the content panels. You see the PICK one flash and disappear and the FIND USER remains open in a pop up in the middle. Both content panels (NESTED RESPONSIVE GRID Container) are set to empty, not pop-up.