Configuring auto-generated lists

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tkilshaw

Configuring auto-generated lists

Post by tkilshaw »

I have an Account object. It has a reference attribute, AssignedTo, that references a Person object.

On the Account form, Aware automatically generates two small icons for the AssignedTo field: a little square to create a new Person and a litle squate with dots to show a list of Persons from which one can be chosen.

Where can I define the fields and field oreder that will be displayed in the list of Persons?

This an auto-generated list, and I can't find out how to change it.

thanks,

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Terry,

Go to the AssignedTo attribute on the Account object, double click to edit it and then click on the "Presentation" button. The dialog will pop up where you will be able to select which attributes of the Person object will be shown as well as sorting criteria.

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

OK seems there is a bug.

No matter how many times I do exactly as you suggest, the list of Persons continues to show its original attributes and not the ones I tell it to show in the Presentation window of the attribute.

Situation is a little more complex than originally described:

Account.MainProspect is a one to one peer ref. to Person
Account.OtherProspects is a one to many peer ref. to Person

Account.MainProspect displays the attributes selected in its Presentation window.

Account.OtherProspects is stuck showing attributes that are different from those selected in its Presentation window.

Both are set to show the same attributes in their Presentation windows.

Stuck.

Terry
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

OK. I kind of get it now.

You said:

--
Go to the AssignedTo attribute on the Account object, double click to edit it and then click on the "Presentation" button.

----

To make it work I needed to go to the form, the form section, the AssignedTo attribute on that section and then click on the "Presentation" button.

Looks like I could use some clarification on what is affected when you chnage the Presentation on the attribute and when you change it on the attribute on a form section.

What does the former affect?

thanks,

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

When you change presentation options for an attribute, by default they will be used on all forms and all form sections where the attribute is displayed. If you change attribute presentation on a form section it will override the default attribute presentation for that particular section only.

So what you did originally (i.e. changing presentation for the attribute) was correct and should have worked for Account.OtherProspects the same way as it worked for Account.MainProspect. To find out if this is a bug or another problem we need to see the configuration of your prototype. If you do not mind, please export your business space configuration into a file and send it to [email protected] so we can have a look at it.
Aware IM Support Team
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

OK, so now I don't think that there is a bug. In changing the presentation for the attribute on the form section I overrode the presentation settings of the attribute on the classes attribute list.

So I guess it did what it was supposed to do.

thanks,

Terry