Report Group

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
KnightWare

Report Group

Post by KnightWare »

Just want to do a simple group report like you would do in SQL. The result should look like this.

CATEGORY TOTAL
TEAM A 25
TEAM B 34
TEAM C 22
TEAM D 17

The standard grouping with the grid does not work. Too much detail and you have to open the group and scroll to get to summary. Is this example possible without using external view/SP?
aware_support

Re: Report Group

Post by aware_support »

Should be possible in 8.6 where you can specify the template of the group header. In other versions it is possible via a script.
Aware IM Support Team
KnightWare

Post by KnightWare »

I use configurator remotely. I am trying to figure out the "Custom" layout, not finding enough information on this. And when I choose custom layout and select "Build" I get the attached message. I would copy the folder but have no idea based on this where it goes. Also, on the server if I try it it tells me I need to copy the Kendo library as well. Still no info where this should be placed. On the server after that warning the custom builder comes up, nothing happens in right pane except a spinning hour glass. Same on my client.
Attachments
CUstomQuery.png
CUstomQuery.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

What does custom layout have to do with the problem you have described? Anyway, the custom layout feature can only be used when the Configuration Tool is used locally, not remotely.
Aware IM Support Team
KnightWare

Post by KnightWare »

Mentioned above to use custom layout to get my summarized report.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:38 am What does custom layout have to do with the problem you have described? Anyway, the custom layout feature can only be used when the Configuration Tool is used locally, not remotely.
interesting. did not know this.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL