SQL Type (data type) "decimal" not working

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

SQL Type (data type) "decimal" not working

Post by ACDC »

When working with financial accounting figures. How do I prevent this from happening in the DB (I want the precise value to be stored)
decimal.jpg
decimal.jpg (14.67 KiB) Viewed 962 times

I understand for precise accounting numbers the data type must be set to “decimal” and it is possible to do this from within AIM on the attribute under Advanced / SQL Type – But it does not work :(

AIM makes the change in the DB to “decimal”, BUT the result of this leaves you with the values being rounded in the DB and on the Form leaving the part after the decimal point at .00

On closer inspection in the DB the decimal data type is set by AIM, but the length is set to 10,1 This seems to be where the problem: it should be 10,2. By manually editing this value I can get it to work as expected.

So it appears the AIM config setup when using “decimal” is not doing the right thing, this could be a bug of course - Any Ideas on how to get around this in the configurator – The format decimal setting doesn’t work either – I must retain this format “ #,##0.00 ” .

If this is a bug is it possible to get it sorted out , manually editing the DB is a lot of extra work - Any ideas on how to quick fix setting the lenth to 10,2 other than DB edit
ACDC

Re: SQL Type (data type) "decimal" not working

Post by ACDC »

Seems like it is working if you know how, if you just use "decimal" it defaults to 10,1, by including (10,2) forces the change.
BTW I think 10,2 should be the default, it would have saved me a day :)
Attachments
decimal2.jpg
decimal2.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 955 times