Sending and Tracking Email Status

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

Sending and Tracking Email Status

Post by customaware »

Is anyone using ONLY Aware IM REST capability to ...

Send Emails and,
Track Sent, Delivered and Opened Status of individual emails

Which email provider are you using to do so?

Please advise or PM me.
Cheers,
Mark
hpl123

Re: Sending and Tracking Email Status

Post by hpl123 »

Not sure if you have solved this Mark but I am using PHP together with Aware for email tracking and works great and also means you can still use the Aware email functionality fully and also have full control over it/stats as the PHP run on your own server. The solution is quite complex but something you can tinker together yourself and here is a brief overview:
1. Find a PHP email tracking script (PHP tracking is done with a transparent pixel placed in the email)
2. Make sure (or change) the script to it either logs the stat directly into your DB or into a textfile on your server
3. Use Aware rules to parse the log entry and save it into the right place in your stat admin app or similar. As you have full control over the PHP script you can change it so it has custom delimiters e.g "#tss2021-06_03 11:38#tse" (#tss indicates start of timestamp and #tse indicates end).
4. Change the script to also work for clicks (scripts on this is available online as well)

I am also using various online services to look up email addresses, user agent and IP (not any more after GPDR) and I then save all of the stat together with open and click stats.

Works great.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
customaware

Re: Sending and Tracking Email Status

Post by customaware »

Well.... baby steps but I have managed to get Aware REST to send an email via the SendGrid API.

But SendGrid does not return anything except Success 202. So I am trying to work out how to get the Message ID

Once I can get that, then the next step is to try and also use their API to get the message Events...

Man Oh Man.... Thier API sucks.... Really wierd JSON :-/
Cheers,
Mark