How would you do this? multi-field search on mobile custom query

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

How would you do this? multi-field search on mobile custom query

Post by Jaymer »

custom-query.jpeg
custom-query.jpeg (109.5 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
This custom query shows:
company name
addr, city st zip

5 separate fields

customer wants a 'combined' search, so criteria should search the full address

ideas plz?

I would think the obvious would be to make a calculated HTML field with an embedded <CR>, and just display that field in the query.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Re: How would you do this? multi-field search on mobile custom query

Post by ACDC »

What about concatenating the address attributes into one attribute called FullAddress and using that in the search field
Jaymer

Re: How would you do this? multi-field search on mobile custom query

Post by Jaymer »

ACDC wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:27 pm What about concatenating the address attributes into one attribute called FullAddress and using that in the search field
Yes, thats what this is
Jaymer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 pm I would think the obvious would be to make a calculated HTML field with an embedded <CR>, and just display that field in the query.
If it was NOT mobile, there is a way to do a column-nonspecific search/filter, but unsure about in Mobile.
This new field seems like the easiest.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL