Invalid Credentials Error with Microsoft Edge

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Stetson

Invalid Credentials Error with Microsoft Edge

Post by Stetson »

Is anyone familiar with the following issue? In Microsoft Edge, user cannot log into an AwareIM application. Error: "Invalid credentials or access denied. Please try again." However, the same user can login to the AwareIM application with Internet Explorer or Chrome. Additionally, the user can login to the AwareIM application using Microsoft Edge on a different PC. It appears there's an Edge setting on the user's PC that causing the error. Clearing cache, rebooting, turning off "Offer to save passwords" in Edge, and clearing saved passwords from Credential Manager doesn't work. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have multiple users experiencing this problem - and many Edge users that don't experience the problem. Thank you.
joben

Re: Invalid Credentials Error with Microsoft Edge

Post by joben »

Which login page are they using?

Check the URL they are accessing when it works and when it doesn't work.

For instance, if they are using the logonOp.aw page and the domain parameter is lacking in either the URL or the html login page, it might not work. I think AwareIM will send you to the default Business Space, which is necessarily not the correct one.
Regards, Joakim

Stetson

Post by Stetson »

Thanks, Joakim. The URL looks good (though it wasn't originally and previously I did go in and edit their bookmarks to correct it). I'm wondering if this has anything to do with running Edge in Internet Explorer mode (which I AM doing and I dont' have the issue, so I will test turning that off). Also they still get prompted by Edge to save the AwareIM application password, even though they have "Offer to save passwords" turned off. I wouldn't expect to see that prompt with that setting. Will look further. Thanks again!
joben

Post by joben »

I'm pretty sure some dude on the forum managed to disable password saving with a jquery setting.

Can't find it right now.
Regards, Joakim

Stetson

Post by Stetson »

Excellent. Thanks! I'll take a look.
joben

Post by joben »

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 823#p53823

This is the one I was thinking about.
Regards, Joakim

Stetson

Post by Stetson »

Thanks, Joakim! That will be very useful. Really appreciate it!