LDAP Active Directory Login

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
KnightWare

LDAP Active Directory Login

Post by KnightWare »

Anyone using LDAP. I use Active Directory login on many of my apps. This happened weeks ago and now again today. I have no idea the cause.

A user logs direct into an app that they have used hundreds of times. Instead of going right it it stops and says credentials are invalid. I Check the table and they are definitely in there. Check the wrapper log and -

1. log shows user access to app. and looks up name. Finds user and starts assigning attributes.
2. Log then shows doing the same for EVERY user in the regular users table. It validates Everyone, not just the current user.
3. Runs across some issue assigning one of the attributes to the other user and stops the process. Telling original user invalid credentials.
4. I need to delete the invalid user out to get the original and everybody back in.

This time it kept dying users from the same department,si I had to delete them all before the original user could get in. The log states having an issue assigning the Department attribute to the shortcut, but it always has choked on some of the attributes.

Question is why does it validate everyone in the system after the user initially logs in. No wonder my wrapper log files gets so large.