multi select filter "contain"

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
mrbdrm

multi select filter "contain"

Post by mrbdrm »

Hey
in my multi select i want to use this from the kendo ui website:

Code: Select all

$("#multiselect").kendoMultiSelect({
  filter: "contains"
});
currently the default filter is filter "startswith"
how can i achieve that?

her is the keno page https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/j ... ion/filter
mrbdrm

Re: multi select filter "contain"

Post by mrbdrm »

did it

config.config.filter="contains";
now the search in the multi select is great
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

PS _ Welcome back. thought u died
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

Thanks!
still here :)
i was focusing on another project for mobile only. and aware is not the best in mobile.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

yes, Aware mobile is love/hate.
It can get you pretty far with almost no effort.
But then lots of tweaking to make it look/act like a "real" native mobile app.

From this thread,
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11884
several of us have been playing with Appgyver.
Mark exposed the PUT/DELETE deficiency, but its now been handled in the latest build.
Himanshu (prior to latest build) had been doing some testing on it - from before the last US conference Himanshu had been doing what he called "headless" Aware with Java APIs to send data out to JS clients so he could get a mobile app working. This was PRIOR to V8 and REST, so its simpler now of course. But he thought Appgyver was going to work.

From what I can see, even in 8.5, Aware doesn't send the ID in a REST reply (Vlad purposely suppresses it) - so (until Vlad corrects this) you have to create a "duplicate" ID field thats always the same as Aware's ID and then you can use that as the primary key for Appgyver updates. Waiting for this to be changed!!!!! And Appgyver just had a BIG update just last week.

So check out that thread and thx for the multi-select tip - but I'm not sure where this code is supposed to go.
In the Form or Section? Init or Render?
Can you be more specific plz?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Yeah, Appgyver is pretty cool and can´t wait to see what is possible when connecting it with Aware. I would much rather have PWA in Aware though than anything related to native but who knows when that will come. Vlad don´t think PWA is mature enough yet. When it comes to Aware mobile, a lot is possibly BUT as Jaymer points out, takes a whole lot to get it to something resembling a "real", professional app.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

put the code in the init script for the mutli select field.

i have checked appgyver before and it doesn't support RTL. so its pointless for me.

aware weakness is not because the app is not native. its the way processes and rules work. they work on a desktop browser that can have a lot of tabs but in mobile when you are stuck with one view.... its impossible to get a complicated workflow without getting in the issue of the single view getting messed up from a process that either use CREATE or EDIT rule. its ok for a simple rule, but when you have a real world multi step process you will get into the issues with the display(its not a bug but the way the system was design)

another thing is the testing mode. as i remember it was a PAIN for mobile app

keep in mind i have already made an app using aware and its live for IOS and android. for almost 2 years now. (so im talking form experience)

on my current development tools (not native app btw) i can make a change to the app then compile it and test it on my phone in less than 20 seconds. aware need to find a better way to test mobile apps.

that's my 2 cent on aware mobile.

i still think its a great tool for desktop websites and not bad for mobile websites.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

My experience is, it's possible to create complex mobile apps in Aware as well but then you need to rethink the way you model and build the app. I do a "single page app" solution where every app page is a single page (done via layouts) and even though doing it has it's challenges, it works.

The difficult part as I see it is getting "widgets" or what you wanna call it to have on each page i.e the page elements. If you look at typical mobile app screens, they have a lot of small things here and there to display/do this and that and styled for mobile and that is something you have to add yourself if you want it in Aware. We can do a query and form and even though not fully adapted for mobile, with some tinkering it's usable. What we don't have are all of the other stuff like nice, controllable and easy to implement menu, breadcrumbs, "cards", charts and all other stuff you need if you wanna build a mobile app that does more than capture input values from a form or displays a simple list of things. I am working on integrating mobile admin templates to solve this and then it's possible to get a whole lot of "widgets" one can use but is a big big project to integrate. This is "coding" though and a step away from RAD which is a bummer and this is where I think Appgyver is interesting as it's drag and drop and super easy to build a mobile app with.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
nhofkes

Post by nhofkes »

mrbdrm wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:46 pm did it

config.config.filter="contains";
now the search in the multi select is great
I think that in many cases you do not have to set this 'contains' option through the initialization script, you can also set it in the configurator when you have the filters shown as a separate row or in the combination of column header and separate row. See the screenshot below. I do this standard for all filters as I don't like the default 'startswith', in my view a filter should have 'contains' set as default.

Attachments
Screenshot 2020-12-15 22.01.20.png
Screenshot 2020-12-15 22.01.20.png (23.19 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

you cant in multi select
its not a grid