Jasper Reports Issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Jasper Reports Issues

Post by Jhstephenson »

With Bruce's help I have started using Jasper Reports for some forms and a few other things.

I have run into a few issues that I cannot figure out and am hoping that some of you, who use Jasper, might have run into similar things...

1. I have some picture attributes defined in a BO that I want to put on a form. When Jasper reads the sql query I created it identifies them as type java.sql.Clob, or something like that. When I put them on a form all that prints out is a short string with Clob at the end of it and a sequential number, that increments every time I try to print it. Is there something else that needs done to get these to print?

2. I have some large text fields in my BO that are defined as Content: HTML. In my app they can be formatted just fine with Bold, Underline, Indent, Outline, etc... and they look just fine. When I place them on a Jasper Report and use "Markup: html" the only formatting that prints is line spacing and font differences. Am I missing something or is that just the way it works in Jasper?

3. I am printing my forms as PDF's. They show up just fine and I can either download or print them. No problem. I would like though to be able to pass a specific file path to Jasper and have it save the document without having to do it manually. Is that possible?

Overall, I really like how the process for setting up and running these reports in Jasper works. I just need a few tweaks.

Thanks,
Jim