Odd dialog box after 8.5 Upgrade

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Odd dialog box after 8.5 Upgrade

Post by Jaymer »

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.57.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.57.08 AM.png (28.15 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
Object Name not specified in system_value_action

This dialog appears after login, and after a user clicks in a specific tab in the Main Frame
Only happens once. After clearing, system works fine.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Re: Odd dialog box after 8.5 Upgrade

Post by hpl123 »

I experienced some strange things after upgrading to 8.5 amongst other things the same error message. I republished the BSV and all worked again.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

When I posted this, I had already published once.
Then I checked the VP since it happens when I click on one specific tab. It turns out that in the Config tool, when looking at that VP's TAB (under the Main frame), the checkbox WAS TICKED for the new feature "User can edit layout". This had to have been checked as a default when 8.5 opens an 8.4 app for the 1st time - because I had never opened/saved the VP since installing 8.5

WHY only that tab was checked (there are 8 ) I do not know. And I was sure that unticking and publishing would be the solution.
But I'm still getting this today FOR SOME USERS - it has never happened to me when logging in as a regular user (not "Admin") OR when I've logged in as a few users trying to duplicate the error. But users in the office get the error consistently.

here's what it looks like in the Tomcat output:
System Value name error.png
System Value name error.png (166.85 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
No errors in the Chrome Inspector console.
stumped!
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BobK

Post by BobK »

Jaymer,

In you tomcat output, was there a line like the last line in your screen print ("Got XML request <root> ...") before the Exception?
Bob