Connection failure status:error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Connection failure status:error

Post by kklosson »

I have one customer who gets this error intermittently, but a lot. It's always related to downloading a document stored in the database. This customer is always on a VPN and we have proven that without the VPN, the problem does not occur. Here are my questions:

1. This seems like a general error related to the app being able to connect back to the app server or the database. Does anyone have a better understanding?

2. Are there any session, timeout, or other server settings anywhere that may improve this?

Note that this customer is hosting my app in their own data center and it's very secure. Nevertheless, they can routinely do these things even on VPN, but often not. Could it be the traffic on the VPN which is getting used more under COVID?

Is there a VPN expert out there that knows where there are VPN settings that can improve this?

All other experience-based comments are welcome.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
ACDC

Re: Connection failure status:error

Post by ACDC »

This error message can normally be recreated by disconnecting your connection to the internet.

I would imagine somewhere along the line this must be happening inside the VPN, it must doing something similar in the background that imitates a disconnection.

The one thing I do notice, if the connection comes back, you can resume processing, not sure in a VPN setup