Microsoft Edge

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
KnightWare

Microsoft Edge

Post by KnightWare »

We are currently migrating IE to Microsoft Edge. Wonder if anyone has experience with AwareIM applications that use Active Directory for sign on. I'm thinking we are going to lose that functionality because Edge does not support Active X, unless you run in IE mode, which is what I beleive they want to get away from.
nhofkes

Re: Microsoft Edge

Post by nhofkes »

I don't have any experience with it myself, but I think this should be no problem. Have you looked at this page?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deploy ... y-identity
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
KnightWare

Post by KnightWare »

Yes I did see that in my research. It's how you change from Active Directory to AwareIM login is the issue. Right now if the AwareIM app is setup LDAP, it fails because of the active-x thing. I see I'm logged in ion Edge, how do I get the AwareIM app to recognize it?
srufini

Post by srufini »

Hello,

I have the same problem, was this ussue addressed in the meanwhile? Is there a plan for future release tha provide the functionality without using ActiveX?
chris__29

Post by chris__29 »

Contact Support and ask about SAML integration this is what we use and its works perfectly.
AwareIM 8.8
MySQL, MSSQL
MS Server
Australia