Search using form and then change value of an atribute

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
JHew

Search using form and then change value of an atribute

Post by JHew »

Hi All ,

I am trying to achive the following process;

User presses button to bring up a from and enters a value, this then finds the record in my BO and changes the value of a different attribute.

At the moment i have done this by running a qurey using form to allow the use to search for the data, and then i have added a process to operations with records which changes a status atribute from 'open' to 'complete'. However, this means the user has to manaly select the row of data to change the status.

Do anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
PointsWell

Re: Search using form and then change value of an atribute

Post by PointsWell »

JHew wrote:Hi All ,

I am trying to achive the following process;

User presses button to bring up a from and enters a value, this then finds the record in my BO and changes the value of a different attribute.

At the moment i have done this by running a qurey using form to allow the use to search for the data, and then i have added a process to operations with records which changes a status atribute from 'open' to 'complete'. However, this means the user has to manualy select the row of data to change the status.

Do anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
Hi

Create a Query and set Use Form
Create a Process

Code: Select all

PICK FROM NameOfYourQuery NO CONFIRMATION FOR ONE
NameOfSubProcess
When this runs it will pop up the form associated with the query, allow the user to enter the values and then show the result with the BOs that fulfilled the query. If you add the NO CONFIRMATION FOR ONE parameter it will proceed to the process if it finds only a singleton record p394 of user guide.

The PICK FROM will put the BO into context and then the process can run against it.

Alternatively you can just use a user prompt in the FIND statement within a query

eg

Code: Select all

FIND BusinessObject WHERE (BusinessObject.Attribute=?SomeTextValue
ProcessNameWithBusinessObjectAsInput
This will prompt the user for a value like so:
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.17.26.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.17.26.png (14.32 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
You can search against multiple criteria like this BUT your user has to enter a value for each parameter (so in that case it is less flexible than query with form) otherwise the process will end p252 User Guide.