<DIV> output for operations in 8.5

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

<DIV> output for operations in 8.5

Post by aware_support »

There is a new feature in 8.5 that perhaps requires special explanation - it's item 52 in the Release Notes. In the list of output options available for operations or menu items there is now a new option called <DIV>. When you select this option you can also specify a unique ID of the DIV. Aware IM will then assume that somewhere on the screen there is a <div> with this ID and it will direct the output of this operation to this <DIV>. So this <div> can be defined anywhere - in an HTML of a content panel, in an HTML cell of a form etc.

There is a couple of examples of using this feature in the CRM sample application. The application has been updated (along with the Library application). If you have the old version delete it and deploy the new one. Then click on the Customers tab and expand a record of any customer. You will see a link called Communication Records. If you click on this link communication records for the selected customer will be displayed underneath the link.

Then look at how it has been configured. The respective form (called "Expansion" of the Customer object) includes an HTML cell that contains the <DIV> with the unique ID - look at how this ID is generated - it is created based on the ID of the customer. Then look at the properties of the cell that contains the "Communication Records" link (the type of the cell is "Buttom/Link", which is also new in 8.5. Note that this link starts an operation that displays a query that retrieves communications records of the customer. Note that the Output of the operation is into a <DIV> with the same ID as specified in the HTML cell underneath the button cell.

There is another example - in the list of top customers on the Dashbard (which is implemented as a custom query) there is now a More... button. When the user clicks on it the system shows more details of the selected customer. Thus it is now possible to expand a record in a custom query. Albeit implementation of this is slightly more messy, as it is based on Aware IM Javascript links, which now support "output" directed to a <div>. Take a look at the custom template of the "Customers - top" query if you are familiar with HTML and Javascript. The HTML includes a <div> with a unique id and an HTML link that runs a process that shows a special form of the customer and directs this form into the <div>. There is also a "Less" button which collapses the form implemented as a simple Javascript that turns off visibility of the form.
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Re: <DIV> output for operations in 8.5

Post by Jaymer »

Sounds great.
Was trying to view it here: http://test.awareim.com/AwareIM/logonOp ... alse#/home

Has this been updated?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, why? Are they not working?
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I only checked the CRM, but I did not see the new thing you’re talking about on the customer detail page.
From the login to CRM, I clicked on the Customers tab, and did a row expansion on Jane. But I didn’t see anything different to show this new feature

I did this on my iPad, but it did not look like a mobile VP, so I thought it was the same as the desktop view

I explicitly requested the desktop site, and logged in as John/John and I don’t see this new feature.
Maybe I’ll see it when I login from my true desktop, but if someone could take a picture of where this new widget is, that would be great.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The changes are in the desktop version only and they are definitely working. Try it with a true desktop version.
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I'm sorry, I don't see a Communications Link. I used the same link I posted above to log in.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.06.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.06.05 AM.png (139.59 KiB) Viewed 5411 times

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ok, now it makes sense.
the new widget is hidden when the screen is a bit narrow - under 1360 pixels - or something close. not exactly sure where that size is calculated from - or if it includes the side menu open or not.

you can see in this picture the Comm list - and you can see how there is a big Image of the Customer now - thats not in the prior screencap
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.21.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 2.21.49 PM.png (221.57 KiB) Viewed 5393 times

Jaymer