Strange Database Error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Hubertus

Strange Database Error

Post by Hubertus »

Hello,

I have two BO's Tour and Order with a 1:N relation. Since Orders are created first and the join to a Tour happens later on I use a process for joining and un-joining them. In some unreproducable situations it happens that the database table contains an Order twice ! This means that DISPO_TOUR_REF contains records with duplicate ID and RID values.
As I've sayed I have no idea where this comes from. Since this is a complete show stopper I'd be happy to give the users a quick fix.
What would happen if a specify a unique index in the database (MySQL 4.1 on Linux) covering these two fields ? Would AwareIM have a problem with this ?

Thanks a lot
Hubertus
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi Hubertus,

When the user links two objects via a UI form, the system makes sure there are no duplicate links - even if the user tries to link the same objects twice. When you use INSERT action from a process, however, the system cannot detect duplicate links.

The solution is to add a condition to the INSERT rule in your process to check that the link does not already exist. Alternatively, instead of using INSERT action you can use assignment action:

Order.Tour = Tour

This should not cause problems even if executed multiple times.
Aware IM Support Team