Post Codes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
joftech

Post Codes

Post by joftech »

Hi Support,

I have a Post Code Business Object in my solution that I can select he postcode for addresses in the Business Object Doctors and Business Object Patients. There is a shortcut from doctors and pateints for suburb and state in the Business Object Billing.

The problem is I have triend to create a short cut for suburb and state in doctors and patents to auto enter from the Post Code Business Object.

When I try and test I get the following error.

Shortcut attribute DrSuburb refers to another shortcut. This feature is not supported

Shortcut attribute DrState refers to another shortcut. This feature is not supported

How do I get the sytstem to enter suburb, state etc when selected from the postcode business object.

Thanks

Alan
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Rather than defining a shortcut to shortcut, include the path of the destination shortcut into the overall path of the shortcut you are defining:

For example, you have a shortcut DrSuburb in Billing with a path:
(Billing.)Doctor.Suburb

Now when defining a PostCode define the following path:
(PostCode).Billing.Doctor.Suburb

On another subject: call your objects in a singular form - Doctor instead of Doctors
Aware IM Support Team