Sorting in a View Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
twhitehurst

Sorting in a View Question

Post by twhitehurst »

I have a visual perspective created called HoustonOffice. When a user opens this perspective from a menu link and then sorts the view on one of the columns the view changes for every user. Is it possible to make this sort be just for the user doing the sort and not for each user with this perspective??

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Are you saying that if one use changes sorting order on the screen showing results of a query, then another user on another machine sees the query results with the same sorting order?

I am quite certain that this is not possible with Aware IM, so I may be misunderstanding the question.
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

This is a report from one of my remote offices. I'm going to check it out further and I will report back with more info.
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

OK, I've tested this and here is what happens.

Lets say we have a view Sorted by Project name ascending.

There is also a column in the view of Inspector Name

The view has 100 records showing and more than 100 entries so there are multiple pages to the view.

If User 1 and User 2 open the view the view is presorted to Project Name. Now while the view is still open User 1 sorts the view by Inspector Name. Then, User2 clicks on page 2 of the view. Page 2 will come up sorted by Inspector Name and not remain as the Project Name Sort.

The problem is that in an office with multiple users all using primarily the same view and sorting different ways, it becomes difficult to find things as the sorts change when you click between pages in the view.

I hope that make sense?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Do you know if the browsers of the two users in question have cookies enabled or disabled?

Just in case you don't know "cookies" is one of the properties of a browser. In Internet Explorer, for example, cookies are controlled in the Privacy tab of the Options dialog.

The cookie settings may affect the behaviour of Aware IM.
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

Yes, cookies are enabled on all browsers.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

In this case I really don't understand how this can happen. Are you sure that this is indeed happenning?

The only way this scenario is possible is if sessions of both users get mixed up and the second user is actually using the session of the first user or vice versa (which should never happen in theory).

Can your users check that their sessions are correct - for example, if there is a Change My Details menu in your application the users may check if Aware IM properly displays login details for both users. If it does, sessions are not mixed up and the scenario you describe is really really strange. We really need a confirmation that this is indeed happenning.
Aware IM Support Team