Product-master-data-management using aware as frontend

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

Product-master-data-management using aware as frontend

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

is there any possibility to do product-master-data-management using aware as frontend.
or do we have to use oracle tools etc.
can we use some kind of plugin on top of aware IM to do product-master-data-management?
product hierarchy, structured data, unstructured data, taxonomies, master data, categories, skus etc.
BLOMASKY

Re: Product-master-data-management using aware as frontend

Post by BLOMASKY »

I am confused. Are you asking if Aware is a good tool for an inventory management system? If so, answer is YES! My main customer has a large inventory module. It is a lumber system, so instead of SKUs we have Units of wood. Terminology is different, but complexity is same.

Bruce
BLOMASKY

Integration / Reporting?

Post by BLOMASKY »

Looking at your links, are you looking for a software solution that:
1). Integrates data from different systems into one "master" list
2). Report on the master list?

OR
are you looking to build a system to handling purchasing, restocking, inventory movement between locations, ordering and shipment tracking?

If the 2nd, then Aware is a great tool for this. If the 1st, then there is the issue with incorporating data from external systems. There are some better tools for this.

Bruce
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: Product-master-data-management using aware as frontend

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Thanks.
So the company who asked me(they do not know aware) wants to manage their product master data internally using skus, taxonomies and metadata and also it should be able to integrate it with different systems.
I think there are products like informatica for this purpose better suited then.

So manage product catalog(this is becoming important in many industries) and integrate it with different data sources.
When I google I get
https://m-ize.com/products/smart-blox/p ... t-software
So they have rest api, central product repo, catalog, taxonomies, product non structured files.
So Product master managed internally in very modern way and integrate it with multiple third parties/internal tools seamlessly.
So basically digital product catalog managed internally and also it needs to integrate with external systems using API.