Search on Mobile

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenchmarkDan

Search on Mobile

Post by BenchmarkDan »

Visual perspective for Mobile
MobileMenu.PNG
MobileMenu.PNG (22.81 KiB) Viewed 7210 times
I have a need for simple mobile app. List and edit Clients / list and edit Contacts

In the Visual perspective above the Client query on the Main tab the search behavior is as I would expect.
I can type a Client name - the list is filtered to a single or reduced list of Clients - click Edit for the Client I want. Edit - save or close return to list with the search box cleared and all Clients displaying.

If I then select Contacts from the left menu - search does not behave the same.
I can type a Contact - the list is filtered to a single or reduced list of Contacts - click Edit for the Contact I want. Edit - save or close return to list with the search box cleared -BUT THE FILTER IS STILL IN PLACE.
The "Clients on Left" is the same query for clients as the Main Tab. It behaves just like the Contacts - even though the same query.

Back or Menu - is the only way to clear the filter. This returns to the Main Tab Client query. Not good for the person maintaining Contacts.

If I switch the queries - i.e. the Contacts on the Main Tab. Then Contacts search behaves as expected - while Clients gets stuck with the first attempted search filter applied.

Hope this is clear. Have I made a error on my menu structure?
Dan