Phonegap IOS Credentials

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Markfre1

Phonegap IOS Credentials

Post by Markfre1 »

I've been able to create the keys for Phonegap pertaining to Android development and publishing.

On IOS from my windows computer, I was able to get the development key created. However, in the Phone gap build, you need to get a provisioning key and register a device with a UDID code. UDID codes seem to exist only on Apple devices.

Does anyone know how to get one from a Windows Machine, or can I just go to a Mac and generate a key and then import it into PhoneGap. Not sure if it key generated for the Mac device will work when I build in windows? This key stuff is confusing. Everything has been tested in Android and previously a key was not need for Apple to test but now it is.

Any advice and guidance is appreciated. As I am ready to actually publish but stuck. Thanks, Mark F
himanshu

Re: Phonegap IOS Credentials

Post by himanshu »

Hi Mark,

Check this below... might help you.
https://www.itexico.com/blog/find-uniqu ... the-iphone
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

Thank you. I previously created the developer key through Windows. For the provisioning and device, it seems you need an apple. I do all my initial testing and development on a Windows computer using PhoneGap and an iPhone emulator, and for Android just use my phone.

What I was trying to figure out is if I get A UDID from an IOS device will it let me build the PhoneGap for IOS on a Windows machine or is it going to somehow check to see if its the same device with the same UDID.

I'm starting to think if I get the key, it will let me do the PhoneGap build, but when I test, I will need to probably and not sure, use the device with the UDID it was built with. Just somewhat confused about how the UDID is used along with the development. At this point, I guess I'm going to have to experiment.

Any further thoughts, appreciated. Mark F
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Hi Mark.

We have some live apps in the apple app store. The only part of the process that requires a mac is getting the .ipa file which you download from phonegap uploaded to appstoreconnect. This must be done on a mac (I use transporter- a mac app that's replaced application loader- but you can use xcode too)

This guide outlines the process well:

https://www.joshmorony.com/how-to-creat ... h-windows/

Let me know if you get stuck. I'm not on this forum much these days but I'll check in.
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

Thank you. I will look at it tomorrow. I wasn't sure since my development computer is Windows and they were talking about a device ID wasn't sure if we're going to cause some kind of conflict. I'll read your notes tomorrow. Thanks for the response. Mark f