I lost my work after update BSV

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
mohd.documents

I lost my work after update BSV

Post by mohd.documents »

Hello,
Today I worked on many BO and queries and after i close the configurator and opened it again I lost any BO and query and VP, I am wondering why? is it possible to restore the last BSV?
mohd.documents

Re: I lost my work after update BSV

Post by mohd.documents »

Yes I didn't put the version under test and didn't export the BSV but everything i did was saved, where is the problem and why AwareIM do not tell me that all work will be lost if I refresh the BSV, is this bug?
mohd.documents

Post by mohd.documents »

Please help me if there is any thing that i can do to restore my work. Thanks
customaware

Post by customaware »

When you make changes to your BSV and you either put the BS under Full Test (Ctrl T) or try and close the configurator, Aware will show you a dialog advising...
Business Space xxxxxx version x.x has changed
Update the Business Space Version?

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS answer Yes.

If you answer No and the Configuration is closed then all the work you have done since the last save is gone.

I make a habit the use Full Test (Ctrl T) rather than Quick Test (Ctrl Q) every so often and especially after any structural changes.

The only way you would have lost your work is if either...

a. You answered No when you were asked that question
or
b. a crash.... which it does not sound like the case.

Test this for yourself.....and it will give you confidence that Aware is sound and teach you good habits.

Make some small changes and try and close the Configurator.... Answer No to the dialog..... when you come back the changes will be gone.
Now do the same thing and answer Yes... Changes will still be there when you come back....

And of course.... RULE Number 1.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put the BS under Full Test and export the BSV at the end of every session BEFORE closing the Configurator.
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

export the BSV at the end of every session BEFORE closing the Configurator
Yes, yes, yes ... I keep multiple export copies along the way to a folder on my laptop that has automatic backup to the cloud as well. So multiple layers of protection. Learned from the school of hard knocks.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres