FR: Column header text tooltip

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

FR: Column header text tooltip

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
This is a feature request to add tooltip options for column header names. I often set the width of columns and many times they are narrower than the column header title which means I get something like "Exp..." instead of "Experiments" etc. etc. which is a problem as users often don´t understand what it is and having to expand the width of the column manually just to see the name is silly. The FR is to include an option where we could define a tooltip for all column header names.

Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
tford

Re: FR: Column header text tooltip

Post by tford »

+1
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

hpl123 wrote:Hi support,
This is a feature request to add tooltip options for column header names. I often set the width of columns and many times they are narrower than the column header title which means I get something like "Exp..." instead of "Experiments" etc. etc. which is a problem as users often don´t understand what it is and having to expand the width of the column manually just to see the name is silly. The FR is to include an option where we could define a tooltip for all column header names.

Thanks
PS: Same goes for icons i.e when we add icons to attributes and display only the icon in the column header, the tooltip should work for that as well.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Fuckin hell..... https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11555

For the workaround, it HAVE TO be ' and not ", I tried it with " first and didn´t work so posted a FR about this and then for the fun of it tested ' which did work :D. Having this directly in Aware (FR) is still ideal of course.